We all know picking up our hire gear in resort post a 15 hour coach journey is always a slightly stressful situation. We also understand that for beginners in particular getting yourself kitted out and ready for the slopes can be incredibly expensive. However this really needn’t be the case for either.
We want two things, to open up snow sports to the masses and for our clients to have the best. This is why the Wasteland Pre Fit Service will give your trippers a HUGE advantage over everyone else. It’s a simple, professionally delivered service that transforms and enhances our clients’ holiday, and the most important thing to remember…there is NO extra charge for this exclusive service!
Here’s how it works:
Wasteland and Pre Fit bring their ‘Retail Village’ to a location of your choice (we suggest university campus rather than your front room). There’ll also be a stash of products from our other suppliers for you to get your hands on! (think Planks, Dakine, Entirety, Bloc, Surfanic and Superfeet – to name a few) The Pre Fit pop up’s create a great buzz on campus! Its a FREE promotional event for your trip, and a really good opportunity to sell more places!
- Pre-Fit brings their supply of demo skis, boards & boots, and work closely with the resort suppliers to match their equipment year on year
- For beginners or those that don’t have all their own clothing, Pre Fit will also be offering clothing hire packages. Designed to make getting on the hill as cheap as possible. Trippers will also be able to try the clothing for size at the pop up!
- All your trippers will get to try on their ski/board equipment in the UK, the service provided here is dedicated to YOUR group. It’s managed by trained professionals who can offer clear and helpful advice – great for first-timers!
- Pre-Fit manage and send all of your details to the hire shop in resort. For those that order clothing, helmets or camera packages as well, these will be sent to their house a week or so before departures.
- Your ski/board equipment will be ready and waiting for you in resort. Whilst everyone else is queuing up, hoping to get a pair of matching boots, you can just waltz through and collect your package, no elbowing past everyone else to try and get the best and definitely not missing out on any mountain or lesson time!
- Pre Fit will also provide a selection of clothing and other equipment rental packages – see below for more details.
- See here for more information on Pre-Fit Ltd.
Wasteland Hire Packages
Ski Hire Packages come in three levels which correspond to ability;
Bronze Ski Package are best described as a starter pack for beginners or skiers on a budget. The types of ski you should expect to use would typically be the Rossignol Viper. Ski boots would typically be by Head or Rossignol and other leading brands however this will vary slightly from shop to shop.
Silver Ski Package are designed for the intermediate skier with a few weeks of skiing already under their belt or for the beginner skier wanting to take that technical “step up” in order to improve. The types of ski you should expect to use would typically be the Salomon Streetracer. Ski boots would typically be by Head or Rossignol and other leading brands however this will vary slightly from shop to shop. (Silver Ski Only Package also available).
Gold Ski Package are top of the range stuff for the technically advanced skier with a lot of skiing experience. The types of ski you should expect to use would typically be by Salomon or Volkl and would be models like the AC3 or the “Equipe”. Ski boots would typically be by Head or Rossignol and other leading brands however this will vary slightly from shop to shop. (Gold Ski Only Package also available).
Snowboard Hire Packages come in two levels;
Silver and Gold, like ski hire these levels correspond to the ability of the boarder. The boards that you will see used might typically be the likes of Nitro’s, Volkl’s and Salomon’s. The Snowboard package also comes with board boots, again there will be a large selection to choose from. The Gold Snowboard Package is the top of the range stuff for the technically advanced boarder with a lot of experience.
Snowboard boots only will be Silver level boots. Boots would typically be by Nitro, K2 and other leading brands however this will vary slightly from shop to shop.
Other Pre-Fit Hire Packages;
Pre-Fit and Wasteland will also be offering the following packages for hire at your campus pop up shop.
Clothing will be available in two levels and trippers will have the opportunity to try everything on for size – this is a great option for beginners. All kit will be posted to the tripper before they head out on their trip.
- Starter Clothing Package – jacket & salopettes.
- Premium Clothing & Equipment Package – jacket, salopettes, gloves, goggles & helmet.
Other equipment available to hire though Pre-Fit is as follows. This will also be posted to trippers before they depart
- Go Pro Camera Rental – (inc. GoPro, SD card and helmet mount)
- Go Pro Additional mounts